INTEGRATED STRATEGY & LAUNCH – SOCIAL, DIGITAL, PR, EXPERIENTIAL
Rally the nation together in honour of Hugh Jackman’s last appearance as Wolverine. Faced with a film that limited tactical executions due to an R18+ rating, a concentrated sales window and no talent access, we needed to creatively leverage core markets to drive momentum and sales conversion around key sale dates.
This is where the hub of the campaign was developed. www.thankhugh.com.au, a social media aggregator plus ‘The best moments of Wolverine’ competition, provided fans a gateway to rediscover their love for the iconic character, champion a national homage via #thankhugh that joined fans of all ages in support of Hugh Jackman’s last appearance as Wolverine.
– Week one sales exceeded expectations with an 8.7% physical release and 17.8% digital release
– EDM click-through rate of 51%
– Combined social and PR reach for the campaign exceeded 45M+
– 13 influencers engaged (Julie Bishop, Triple M Grill Team, Fitzy and Wippa, Smallzy Surgery, Bondi Rescue, Jonesy & Amanda, The Today Show, Bindi Irwin, Manly Sea Eagles, Studio 10 & Angela Bishop)
– 1,708 unique registrations to ‘Access All Areas’ database
– Social engagement rate of 1.7%, with 6,453 site visits to #thankhugh, 1,500+ competition entries and 500+ social mentions of #thankhugh