WANT TO MAKE HISTORY?
We hire people not just positions and are always looking for individuals who can bring fresh perspectives, ideas and experiences to our team. If you’re looking for a place that values your curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and passion for integrated thinking, get in touch.
History Will be Kind are proud to support Minimum Standards to shine a positive light towards Mental Health
Keen to join?
Available Roles: Account Director
We are seeking a full-time Account Director with earned expertise, alongside integrated communications experience, to sit within our Sydney-based team. As an Account Director, you will play a critical role in the business, leading a stellar portfolio of clients, managing the team and contributing to the long-term success of the agency. You’ll also get the opportunity to work alongside the integrated Deepend Group offer.
You will have a focus on senior level client relationship management and best in class consulting, communications strategy, operations, innovation, team leadership, maintaining and growing sustainable client revenue, and supporting new business development.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for a dynamic B2C and B2B client mix, including technology, travel, purpose – earned communications and integrated campaign planning.
- Ideate, plan and implement creative communications/PR, influencer, content and social media strategies from start to finish with the support of a stellar team.
- Own your team’s commercial performance, including lead generation, pitch conversion of new accounts, growth of existing accounts and campaign implementation.
- Take a leading role in developing the HWBK product and service offer, including go to market activity.
- Deliver industry leading client service through the application of your strategic abilities.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to the team to direct them towards maximum effectiveness and career progression.
- Act as the voice of your clients within the agency, ensuring all output delivers on business objectives.
- Drive thought leadership across industry with a focus on what’s next and best practice insights
- Identify opportunities on your accounts to improve the nature and volume of work created – both across HWBK product and service offer and Deepend Group Companies.
- Conduct annual Account Planning to ensure the long-term financial success of the team.
Who are you?
This role would suit:
- You have 6+ years experience working in an earned/PR position
- You have a strong understanding of public relations, influencers and social media and want to learn how best to not only engage your audiences, but listen and learn from them
- You’re ambitious and have a drive to generate stand out results
- You’re organised and a people person
- You know what’s trending on social media and what’s in the news headlines
- You are a confident writer and presenter
- You are naturally curious, highly adaptable and a critical thinker
The role reports to senior management for key coaching and you will work with them to plan and set your short, medium and long term goals, with dedicated development check ins every quarter.
As part of our team, you will also have access to our industry leading BeKIND Benefits including a 1.5% training allowance on top of your salary, alongside dedicated training as part of our Positive Change Academy, Summer Fridays finishing at 3pm, up to 5x volunteering days off and more. We accommodate your schedule and lifestyle with a hybrid office/WFH model (minimum of three core days in the office), so you pick your core daily hours and we’ll help you make it work.
HWBK is proudly part of the Deepend Group, an independent consultancy collective fluent in the ever-changing innovation, digital and technology landscape. You’ll have the opportunity to work with our sister agencies including Digital (Deepend) and Innovation (How To Impact).
To express your interest, please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume. Only successful candidates will be contacted.